Bring warm, comfortable layers of clothing for changing mountain temperatures. The Mountain is at an elevation of 4,200 feet and can receive extreme weather any month of the year.
Drugs & Alcohol
All Gay Spirit Visions events are drug and alcohol-free, and we ask that you leave all alcohol and non-prescription drugs at home. The experience of being in the company of spiritually–oriented gay men in a beautiful mountain setting is itself mind and consciousness altering.
Meals & Bedding
All meals, and sheets, pillow, blanket, and towels are provided by The Mountain.
What to Pack
- sturdy walking shoes
- rain gear (umbrella, rain jacket)
- flashlight for navigating between The Mountain’s many buildings at night
- any prescription drugs or other personal health items that you might need
- hiking boots
- water bottle (drinking extra water when at high altitudes is often helpful)
- night light, ear plugs, or white noise generator (accommodations are shared)
- personal writing journal or sketch pad (you may have creative thoughts and feelings to process)
- drums or other musical instruments
- sacred objects for the community altar (photos, artifacts, etc.)
- comfortable clothes for yoga, dancing, or movement
- yoga or meditation mat/blanket/prayer rug, floor pillows