Pre-registration communication re COVID-19 protocols
Registration will open in mid-July for the 2021 Gay Spirit Visions Fall Conference (23-26 September). This will be an in-person event at The Mountain, assuming there are no major new threats from COVID-19 variants or other related COVID-19 issues that change the national situation.
While this decision may seem like a slam dunk to many of you, it has taken a good deal of discussion within the GSV Council and with The Mountain to try to provide the safest and healthiest experience for everyone. Thank you to the over 150 of you who responded to our recent COVID Safety Survey. Those insights and concerns were also considered as we made our decision.
Before registration opens, please carefully review the following guidelines and protocols so you understand what measures The Mountain and GSV are taking for your health, safety, and peace of mind.
• Vaccination will be required to attend. Details on providing proof of vaccination are being worked out now.
• The Mountain currently requires temperature checks during guest check-in.
• GSV will require a signed General Liability Waiver and a COVID-19 Liability Waiver.
• The Mountain requires masks and urges social distancing in all public areas (the office and gift shop, dining hall).
• Masks in GSV meeting spaces are optional.
• Hand sanitizer will be available in various areas throughout the campus.
• You will have the opportunity to indicate visually (name tag, wrist band, etc.) your personal level of comfort with closer than 6-feet proximity with others. As always, you must take personal responsibility for your own well-being.
• The Mountain is limiting the size of gatherings; GSV will have space for 70 participants. You are encouraged to identify a roommate (or roommates) to coordinate registration together if that is a criterion for your comfort and safety. Think about this before registration opens. You will have the ability to register for a single room with limited availability on a first come, first served basis. There is an additional $150.00 cost for single occupancy rooms. The number of single occupancy room reservations directly impacts the number of participants able to attend.
GSV reserves the right to modify these protocols based on shifting situations regarding COVID-19 variants, vaccine efficacy, or other factors that contribute to the safety and health of GSV participants and do not conflict with The Mountain’s protocols related to these issues.
Our Fall Conference convener, Greg Hummel (Bumblebee), will be sending out the first Fall Conference announcement and invitation to register by mid-July. The event will be 23-26 September. Save the dates!
Yours in service and joyful anticipation,
The Council of Trusted Elders of Gay Spirit Visions, Inc.